maanantai 13. joulukuuta 2010

Starting up North

On Sunday at the agility trial this guy, named Steve Sanders, I had talked with offered me a room for a few nights and a chance to relax, do my laundry and train agility. A offer doesn't come much better than that so I jumped at it and drove over to his place a few hours North of Rendon. We spent three nights there with Dracu, just relaxing. We went to two agility classes with Steve and his aussieboy Trip (H&M's Triple Threat) as well and I got to work a little on turning Dracu, something she had "forgot" after the trial...! The other lesson was by a very nice lady called Elizabeth Evans. One day I also drove back to Jamie Burns and she worked some of her dogs for me to see; Rosa, Sweetie and Dodge. BTW, here are some never-before-seen pictures from the Westerman's ranch:

Aussie boy Boot, Dally Up Tuffer'n Leather, owned by Marsha Westerman

Aussie boy Boot, Dally Up Tuffer'n Leather, owned by Marsha Westerman

Little aussie boy Max, out of Nellie/Spur, owned by Marsha Westernman

Max has got some BIG shoes to fill!

Aussie girl Jessie, Twin Oaks Precious Jessie of That'll Do, owned by Mark Westernman

Aussie girl Jessie, Twin Oaks Precious Jessie of That'll Do, owned by Mark Westernman

Marsha, Jessie & Boot

Check out the swing, pretty cool!

And that's above the gate...

No portable toilets here ;)

On Wednesday morning I woke up early and started my truck towards Oklahoma City. I went to meet a breeder called Beth DeLozier, kennel Nineveh. She had quite a few interesting aussies and I spent two days there just getting to know her, the dogs etc. She did some herding with Ready, a Qwick-son, and two of her young girls Scout and Trick. Her dogs were very nice and just super friendly! We also spent quite some time trying to get them to pose for the camera so I could get some pictures, but the dogs were having none of it! Quite a job, now I understand why people post such awful pictures of their dogs on the net - they can't get any better! :P

Aussie girl Scout, Nineveh's Ready 2 Scout, owned by Beth DeLozier

Aussie girl Scout, Nineveh's Ready 2 Scout, owned by Beth DeLozier

Aussie girl Scout, Nineveh's Ready 2 Scout, owned by Beth DeLozier

Aussie girl Scout, Nineveh's Ready 2 Scout, owned by Beth DeLozier

Aussie girl Ruth, Twin Oaks Ruth, owned by Beth DeLozier.

Aussie girl Trick, Wonder Hill's Trick Rider, owned by Beth DeLozier

Aussie girl Trick, tired of all the picture taking. Where's the ACTION??

Aussie girl Trick, Wonder Hill's Trick Rider, owned by Beth DeLozier

Aussie girl Trick, Wonder Hill's Trick Rider, owned by Beth DeLozier

Life with a baby... :D

Beth, Ready & kid

aussie male Ready, Starstuff Rapture Ready, owned by Beth DeLozier

aussie male Ready, Starstuff Rapture Ready, owned by Beth DeLozier

The American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) was having a big competition in Oklahoma City so I went to watch that with Beth and saw some real, live cow roping!! Very cool... We also went to take a look at the behind-the-scene area where all the horses were and wow... Some serious money I must say! They had decorated the temporary stalls with these fake, Hollywood-style sets and huge banners and pictures. It was pretty amazing. I also went by the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum (known as the Cowboy Museum) and it was my lucky day, free entry! That was my first - and probably last - cultural thing on this trip...

First you lasso it...

Then you jump of your horse...

And tie it up! No big deal. :D

Who is faster?

RodeoMama!




I left on Thursday afternoon and drove about 4 hours to Bolivar, Missouri. I was definitely feeling the drop in temperature and was NOT happy :/  I arrived pretty late to visit Pam Watson, kennel Sage Creek. We sent a good few hours just talking dogs, how is it that I never tire of talking dogs? The next morning it was raining, but bravely we went outside to face the cold and work some dogs! Firstly Pam introduced her pack, mainly working aussies from Crown Point lines. I was again surprised by how friendly the dogs were, and also quite small and compact! With the working lines you can really get anything in size and built depending on the line!

Pam worked her dogs Jet, Kellie, Gaby, Spook, Charlie and Punch - so quite a busy day! I also got to work Dracu, we did quite a long workout with her on sheep in Pam's nice, dry indoor arena! I got some really good tips about how to move, when to put pressure and when to release it. Poor Dracu was so tired after we worked her for almost an hour!

Don't think  posted these pics yet! My new cowboy boots, from Texas :D



Far too soon I had to bid my new friend goodbye. We were in a rush to get going as I had an agility trial the next day in Columbia, Missouri, a 3-hour drive away. When we finally got there, it was getting dark, raining and very cold! I was already in a lousy mood and then we spent a good two hours trying to find a reasonably priced motel for the weekend. But, as I learned way too late, it was game weekend (stupid, stupid American football be damned!) and all the priced were pretty much doubled!!! I finally settled at a Motel 6, seething angry. WHY did I have to pay extra if I'm not here to watch football???? So the weekend was not off to a good start...

Kinda felt like turning the car around and driving back South, or the desert, or Florida... Hrr...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti