maanantai 4. lokakuuta 2010

ASCA trial at Georgia 2.-3.10!

I heard just by passing on Friday that there would be an ASCA trial on the weekend in Cartersville, Georgia, which is about a 3 hour drive from where I'm staying. Because I didn't have any fixed plans, I decided to go check it out! I got up at 4 AM and thought I would be right on time at the trial when it started at 8 AM... To my surprise everything was up and going when I got there and a nice lady told me the time zone is different and I was an hour late! :O

On Saturday there was obedience, conformation and stock trials. I mostly watched the stock trials (judged by Rick Hardin & Maxine Schvaneveldt). There were only a few entires per class but I got to see a few simply amazing runs! Not only were the dogs really good, the handlers were also really skilled! I'm so used to handlers (myself included) trying to screw up the dogs attempts so it was cool to watch handlers who knew how to help the dogs do well!

The trial was really laid back and nobody was in a hurry. People came to do the run in what ever order they wanted and the atmosphere was really laid-down. There was an apprentace judge, Allison Bryant, and I really learned a lot sitting between the judges and taking time! The judges were really nice and I got to ask questions about the runs, how they judge etc! Everyone was real friendly and soon I felt like I had known them all for ages!

After the runs I checked into a motel, left Dracu to guard my room and drove to a Mexican restaurant where we were having an little gathering. I felt a bit starshocked (I guess this is how regular people feel when they meet a celebrity) sitting next to such aussie legends as Rachel Vest and Rick Hardin! I also met a number of realy nice people that I will hopefully have a chance to see again at Nationals & trial in December!
On Sunday there was a herding trial, conformation and a ranch trial! This time I also had my video camera ready and I filmed a few runs. I'll post them as soon as I can get my camera charged! I bought a power adapter but the first time I used it it said "pop", smoked and hasn't worked since that...

The drive to the trial was real fun! I just love driving my truck! It has cruise control so I can just set a speed and all I need to do is hold the steering wheel! The roads are marked really poorly and I can't figure out where anything is, but luckily I went and bought a navigator before heading out! The driving laws are technically the same here, but people don't follow them as well. I was pretty shocked as a rule abiding Finn when people were passing me on the highway on both sides! :O

Here are some pics from the trial:
 
My truck. Dracu usually travel IN the truck ;)

Aussie Gemstone Blu Kyonite of J Bar D (owned by Rachel Vest)

aussie Hardrocks Make My Day owned by Cheryl Padgett

aussie River Road VW Mule and owner "Buffalo wrestler" Terry Wofford

Cowboy and his faithful aussie

aussie Woods End Moon Stone owned by Jane Bradley

aussie Woods End Moon Stone owned by Jane Bradley

aussie Coosawattee It Just Comes Natural owned by Tony Padgett

aussie Coosawattee C-Me Emmy Rose owned by Donna Padgett

Best aussie in the world <3

This is MY truck!

Watching & learning

Job well done

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti