keskiviikko 6. lokakuuta 2010

A walkers nightmare & other tidbits

Okay, so I'm Finnish and probably I'm just used to too good but I'll bitch anyway. This country is a dog walkers nightmare!! Honestly, before I came here I thought I would take a long walk in the woods every night and enjoy the nature. Yeah right.

There is forest, but it's pitch black and there is so much under growth that you can't walk in it. I could walk up and down the road, but with no street lights, no sidewalk and people who like to drive without their headlights, not my piece of cake. I asked my grandparents where they walk their dog and they just mumbled something incoherent. Later I found out they walk him in the backyard a mind blowing 1 min 3 x day.

Dracu is clearly getting ants in her pants (how can you not love a language with a phrase like that??) and I'm getting sick and tired of the inside of this house as well. There is only so many American commercials I can stand to watch in the TV. But now I have a solution! The number one (and only) activity here is golf so there are more places to drive your golf car than truck if you can believe that. So it's pretty obvious what I'll do after everyone is sleeping (that'll be around 8.00 PM). I just wonder where I packed that bullet proof vest, hmm... After all this is the country where people can shoot each other if they trespass on private property. I guess I just need to keep an eye out for Tiger Woods :D

As I'm in a humorous mood I'll share a few pieces of wisdom I have heard so far:

1) I'm at the eyedoctor (eyepidist?) because I need new glasses. I really hate wearing them and I'm complaining about how annoying I find glasses to the poor doctor. And this nice older man totally changes my mind by saying: "better you wear those glasses than leave this country with one ugly man"!

2) The other good saying I heard was at a dinner event after the ASCA trial in Georgia. I was sitting with a bunch of farm people and Rachel Vest asks me: "Shanti, have you ever heard about the time Terry (Wofford) went to catch a buffalo?" And then a very modest Terry went on to tell us about the time he roped a buffalo with his horse. "You can take a buffalo anywhere he wants to go!" was how the story ended!


Against

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti